Sunday 18 September 2016

Introduction

My name is Ryan Alt and I am currently in my fifth year at Brock University in the I/S stream of Concurrent Education. My first teachable is chemistry and my second teachable is mathematics. 

I have always had an interest in mathematics and how mathematics can be used to describe so many different things in the universe. While growing up and going through the school system, mathematics was not always my strongest subject though. Along the way I hit a few road blocks, but those road blocks did not stop me from learning and enjoying mathematics. My goal as a future educator is to use my passion for mathematics to help students avoid the road blocks that I encountered and also help them gain a better understanding of the subject. 

Future posts on this blog will be reflections used to engage my learning and create new ideas with my colleagues at Brock University who are also aiming to become future mathematics teachers. This year I hope to learn how to effectively communicate my passion for mathematics through creative lessons and activities to give my students the best learning experience possible. 

This will be an exciting experience to share with everyone. I hope you enjoyed reading.

Ryan



No comments:

Post a Comment